Wednesday … hump day. Have you ever wondered why it’s called that? Some may not know that the reason Wednesday is referred to as hump day is because it’s the middle of the work week .. 2 days down, 2 to go .. meaning that one has made it "over the hump" towards the weekend. Makes sense, right?
Just for fun I’ve compiled 10 things that make me go “hmmmmmmm” in the night. Maybe you can come up with some answers.
- Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds?
- Why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?
- Why do fat chance and slim chance mean the same thing?
- If 7-11 is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, why are there locks on the doors?
- Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?
- Why isn't "palindrome" spelled the same way backwards as it is forwards?
- Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it's called cargo?
- Why does your nose run and your feet smell?
- What was the best thing before sliced bread?
- Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice"?
Makes you kind of wonder, doesn’t it. So now that I have you thinking, allow me to share with you a card that has absolutely nothing to do with this topic, lol. The background paper was made by stamping one individual flower multiple times over the entire piece of cardstock. The sentiment and flower stamp are from the Stampin’ Up retired stamp set “Simple Friendship”.