Friday, May 17, 2013

The Friday Freebie…

The past 10 days have been the most heart-wrenching days that I’ve ever experienced.  On Monday, May 6th, a young man from my community was stolen from his family.  It started with an “I’ll be back soon” promise to his wife and small baby, and ended when his body was found 8 days later in a field just short of an hour from his home, burned beyond recognition.   How did it happen?  Tim had listed his truck for sale online.  The night he was taken, two potential buyers arrived at his house to take a pre-arranged test drive. He never came back.   “It was just a truck, a stupid truck.  You don’t need him, but I do and our daughter needs her daddy back so please, please let him come home”, his wife pleaded with his kidnappers during a press conference.  Sadly, this wouldn’t be the outcome.

From the moment it was reported that Tim was missing, the community rallied around his wife, baby girl, and family in an effort to find Tim and bring him home safely.  Before long it hit social media and exploded. Posters, window decals, and bumper stickers were prepared, gatherings were scheduled, and the legwork began.  Thousands upon thousands of posters, decals, and bumper stickers were handed out at malls and hung on poles and trees.  Groups of people who’d never met before worked together to make sure that as many people as possible were made aware of Tim’s kidnapping.  And while his house became the headquarters for his family, friends and police, a facebook page numbering more than 140,000 people in just a few short days, became the headquarters for many others.  It became a place of hope, prayer, and love for the family and for Tim.  Later, when the police reported that Tim’s body had been found, hope turned to despair, but the one thing that remained steadfast was the outpouring of love and prayers for this family.  We all have different reasons why this event has made a forever mark in our lives, but I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Tim, his wife, Sharlene, his baby girl, and family have reached deep into the hearts of the people in this city, in this province, in Canada, and dare I say, across this world and we’ve adopted Tim as one of our own.  He will never be forgotten.    R.I.P. Tim!

The freebie today is dedicated to Sharlene, Tim’s wife, who has demonstrated strength beyond belief throughout this whole ordeal.  On Wednesday, just one day after Sharlene received the news of her husbands death, and at her request, she held a press conference to thank the people for being a source of love and support to her and to her family.  If you are interested in seeing her strength in action, you can watch her heart-wrenching address in this video…

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/05/15/wife-of-slain-hamilton-man-tim-bosma-thanks-public-for-support/

So far, one man has been arrested but this is an ongoing investigation and the police are still searching for the other suspects. 

Please keep this family in your prayers.  They are going to need lots in the days, weeks, months, and years to come. 

As always, click on the link(s) below the preview to download this freebie.  

PNG or JPG format (can be resized)True Strength_preview

 

JPGS:

PNGS:
I’d really love it if you used the “Share With Me” feature that can be found on the toolbar just below the header for this blog to show me the projects you created using my freebie.

Don't forget to come back next week for another Friday Freebie!

17 comments :

Desire Fourie said...

Thank you so much Sharon for this wonderful inspirational freebie.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Suman Pandit said...

My prayers are with the family.

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

So sad about Tim Bosma...His wife and child are in my prayers.

Thanks for the freebies you offer each week. Greatly appreciated!

SiskiyouSue said...

Thank you for the wonderful sentiment. My prayers are with the family and community.

Gail said...

My heart broke - my eyes cried - my lips prayed - Oh God this is an evil world - if only people would humble themselves and turn to you... Help me God to always humble myself before you and to know I cannot go through anything without you in my Life. Be with this family Father God - give this mom what she needs during the rest of her life - be with her children.

Sharon, I am so sorry to read this sad news. May God have mercy on the souls who did this terrible act. May God bring peace and comfort for the family and strength to endure.

God Bless your day.

Jacq said...

Thank you for this beautiful sentiment.
I'm in Victoria and watched Sharlene's press conference, it broke my heart but what strength she has to do it in the first place. My heart goes out to her and her family.

Carla S. said...

Thank you for the inspirational sentiment, Sharon! My prayers will be with this family and your whole community as you deal with this senseless and unthinkable tragedy.

Charlene Mitchell said...

Beautiful sentiment! Thanks for sharing. I live in Burlington, ON so I'm pretty close to where this happened . . .

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this sentiment. May I never have to use it. I am so sorry. God bless you all.

Silverbutterfly said...

So sorry to hear about Tim & his family. They are in our thoughts and prayer here in Texas. Thanks for the lovely word art.

Silverbutterfly

Michelle said...

I am so sorry to hear about the horrific murder of your friend and neighbour, it is absolutely heart breaking. As I live in Ireland I knew nothing about this. My thoughts and prayers are with his poor wife, baby and family and friends. Such a fitting sentiment, thank you for sharing.

Michelle xx

Lady Anne said...

This World is a beautiful place, it is at times like this that the beauty shows in everyone's face, heart and comments. My love and healing thoughts travel to this exceptionally brave lady and her baby girl. I pray they find peace in the love which is being shown to them from so many different areas of the World.
God Bless
Lady Anne xx

Jennifer Scull said...

my heart breaks for the senseless tragedy that has taken place. and yet in the midst of sorrow, God brings a peace and strength, as you have shared.

my prayers are with this amazing woman and her daughter. prayers also for your community as all of you try to heal.

Donna said...

I am so sorry for your communities loss. I will keep them in my prayers. Thank you for giving us this story of strength and for the wonderful sentiment!

Carol W said...

Sharon, thanks for the freebie and for sharing. This lady is truly amazing and very strong...thoughts and prayers going her way....

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Such a terrible waste. I am sorry for the loss to your community.

Your sentiment is a beautiful dedication. Thank you.

txexperiment said...

Awful story. I hope your community can find closure at some point. Thanks for the image.